21 January 2008

holiday...yay!



Eeek....I am excited that the cherubs are out with Grannie for the day and I am in a QUIET house sewing. Hehe. I can hardly believe I even took a break to post this except that Hle has so many great new posts that I felt lazy! I think the creative energy I was intending to dump here has been redirected...Henry and I have been letterboxing a little more. We went to a carving event at collage and ever since, Henry sleeps with his stamp and log book, tells it things and begs to go find the boxes at Lloyd Center and the chicken box at Pistils!


Ava and I had the funniest thing happen the other day that reminded me of an article I read in the local paper I don't like to admit having a subscription to: Ava was up in her room saying what I thought was "Tell me to pat the pillow!" So of course, being the kind of indulgent mom I am, I say to Ava "Pat the pillow". "No! Tell me to pat the pillow!" Now, it quickly became obvious to me that the "no" part was actually not part of the game, I just wasn't saying what she wanted. So back and forth we go, me begging for more clues and not getting even close. Sad, frustrated Ava trying so hard to communicate with her slight frontal thrust probably caused by the passifier I (again) indulge her with despite many warnings from other more stern, knowing parents...ugh. Well, in the end, she grabs The Very Hungry Caterpillar book off the shelf, and says firmly, "See! Pat the pillow!!!!" She sighs, plops down on my lap and starts the story!

Note to self: pat the pilow = caterpillar. The pajama = vagina is a story for another day!

Okay, not to make this entry too long, but I have to mention this awesome blog before I go: littleredbikecafe.com. You must check out the witty writing and gorgeous food pics! Not to mention the beutiful owners! Love the local little places I keep discovering...yay P-town!


YIKES: I almost forgot to make sure I wish my sister, Michelle, the happiest birthday ever! She will be coming by for a visit today and her birthday is tomorrow...she won't like me to post her age so I will just tell you that we are twins, and I will be 32 tomorrow! Michelle is incredible: strong, brave, smart, generous...she is someone I am proud of and admire very much. She is a mom to 3 kids which in itself is a huge job, plus working and keeping some life for herself...I don't know how she does it all and still is one of the kindest people ever! I wish her a beautiful year full of blessings, good health and happy times. And for her birthday: tickets to Cirque de Soleil: Corteo. It will be my third, but her first time seeing them here in Portland.

No comments: