05 January 2008

notice.

I have to say that since first noticing the noticing project, I have been making a concerted effort to notice. Its a beautiful project and if you can, check it out. Its great for kids...I am going to use it in my classroom to develop attention to detail, use of technology and especially as an opportunity for kids to SLOW DOWN!
Well, Saturday was perfect. We left the house only to pick up groceries for Jan, and then to deliver them to her home and have a short visit. She is sad because she is giving her dog away. He is a wonderful lab, but needs a bigger yard. Poor Jan. Logan (the dog) is her baby, but in the last year or so he has dislocated her shoulder, broken her wrist and broken her knee, causing her to undergo knee surgery. He is just too much dog, and especially in an area with so many squirrels!
Henry's only requests today were that we make blueberry muffins and rainbow pants. We did the pants, and then, of course Ava needed a pair so we whipped those out. Hers are an adorable flannel with umbrellas all over them, and we stiched a strip of flowers down the front for fun. I think they will fray in a these are playful-not-perfect-pants kind of way. Yay! Again, made something today that I like! Henry looks great in his rainbow pants...with a fun green striped pocket. Hopefully I can post pictures later...
Which leads me to, again,...any tips for getting pics on WITH the posting? Mine seem to all show up at the bottom and I can't figure out how to get them with relevant text.
Well, hope your year is starting out with many lovely things to notice and that you create objects or energy for noticing all year long!

No comments: